Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Clock is winding down, but we are still working hard!

Hey Momma! I'm glad to see that everything is going so well with your new job! I hope you know that I'm so proud of you and the whole family. I may or may not talk about you guys all the time ;)

I'll be honest, this last week was a rough one. Divisions have been wearing us down to the bone. I absolutely LOVE doing them and getting to help all of the sisters with the work in their areas, and not to mention the awesome Peruvian food that Hna Martinez always makes for us when we go to Ca'aguazĂș, but the traveling and the energy it takes to pump up the other sisters is difficult when we don't have someone to pump US up too.

We were so exhausted this week that it started to show a little bit in our work. Our best investigator that was going to get baptized this week started having doubts about why she wants to get baptised. On Saturday night she was all for it and super excited, when she wasn't in church on Sunday, we started realizing that something was up. So we decided to actually pay for a taxi to go get her and bring her to sacrament meeting. When we got to her house, she didn't want to come and said that she wasn't sure if she still wanted to get baptized! I was so mad!!! Taxis are not cheap! But we talked to her about it and realized that she had a realization that baptism is a serious covenant, and she wants to be sure that she's doing it for the right reasons and not just because she like being our friend. It's a very valid point. We explained the importance of personal revelation, and committed her to keep praying and reading in the Book of Mormon. Please pray for Fabiola that she'll receive an answer through the Spirit!

Anyways, all of that put us in a bad mood yesterday, and we may or may not have had to call a few elders last night for snapping at them during church. I won't go into details, but it was a very humbling moment to see that a lot of the problems that we've been having and have brought about a lot of stressed this transfer are things that we caused ourselves. Isn't it interesting how God shows us our weaknesses so that we can make them strong? I got shown a LOT of weaknesses this week. But don't worry! Hna Jorgensen and I have a good list of goals going that will help us a ton!

Anywho, that's what's going on in Paraguay. I'm totally trunky to the maxity-max (which is kind of Hna Jorgensen's fault for teasing me a bunch) BUT we are working like crazy and doing our best to enjoy the time that we have.

As for a homecoming party.. do you mind waiting a week? It might be a little overwhelming, and I kind of just want to be with you guys for a bit. I am so excited to see my family again for the first time in a year and a half :) A family party, however, is highly encouraged. All aunts, uncles, and grandparents are invited that first weekend I get back. MAN I WOULD LOVE THAT SO MUCH!

Have you made any plans with the stake president for my release? That's kind of important too....

Love you guys!!!!
Hermana Jeppesen


No comments:

Post a Comment