Monday, March 3, 2014

Baptisms!

I don't know if I tell you "thank you" enough for the emails that you send me. Thank you. I hope you're doing great up in Idaho. I told Gramma to give you a big hug from me, so you have to give her a big hug from me, too! Also, please tell Grandma Vicky how much I love her and I'm thinking of and praying for her. Also, Mom, I love you so much. Thank you for everything that you do for our family and your wonderful example. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful mother.

We had a baptism this week!!! But I forgot my camera, so I'll have to send you the pictures next week. ElĂ­as is 18 years old and such a great guy. He has an incredible desire to draw closer to the Lord, and is very excited to recieve the priesthood next week! He absolutely lit up when we taught him about the power of the priesthood and how it can bless his family, today and in the future. When we asked him how he felt after his confirmation, he said, "¡espectacular!" I'm pretty sure it's his favorite word.

We are making plans to have another baptism this week of a beautiful woman, Clara, who is 9 months pregnant and due any day now. That one really depends on what happens with the baby.... Clara is so wonderful, though! She already has such a strong testimony in the Book of Mormon, and when we asked her if she had prayed to know if the church is true, this beautiful light came into her face. She told us yes, that she had been thinking about it all week, and even had a dream that we came to her house to invite her to be baptised. She knows the church is true!!! It is so wonderful to see the changes in people's lives and the spirit fill their hearts. These are the fruits of our labors here!

Mom, I know that this gospel is true. I am so blessed to have this oportunity to see the Spirit work through us first-hand. What's more is that I know that our family will be together for eternity. My gratitud for that blessing really cannot be described. Now I get to help other people have that blessing, too! The Plan of Salvation is real, and Heavenly Father really does guide us in our lives. 

I love you, Mom, and I miss you. I'm thinking of you and praying for you every night. Thank you for all you do for me.

With eternal love,
Hermana Jeppesen


On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Jodie Jeppesen <jjeppqueen@msn.com> wrote:
This has been a tough week. Grandma Vicky's health got worst and she went home to Idaho with Grandma Jan. We skyped with Grandma on Monday and I couldn't believe how far she declined. Grandma Jan was so tired from taking care of her so I flew into Salt Lake and your aunt Liz and I drove the rest of the way up. It was a surprise and of course we all cried. I am still here today. Grandma is worse and she doesn't have much time left. I'm sending a picture of grandma Vicky and grandma Jan. Grandma has a hard time at night and she just wouldn't settle down so Grandma Jan snuggled into bed with her. It is such a precious moment.

My heart is really tender watching my grandmother. But I know that plan of happiness is for everyone. I'm not sure what she is holding on to, but I'm sure when she passes she will be all the better.

I want you to know how much I love you.  I am so glad that you are with our family eternally. I know that our family has different philosophy about things, but I know with out a doubt that we are together.

But the good thing about this week is that I get to spend time with Grandma, Liz, and baby Georgia. It snowed and we got to play in it. Many of my cousins came down and I got to visit with them.

They dedicated the Gilbert temple today. They had the cultural celebration last night and it poured! There were 12,000 youth who performed. Many of my friends in the surrounding stakes got to participate. They Facebook posts all say they came home drenched but to happy. I can't wait to show you this beautiful temple.

I love you so much. Stay safe and I hope you and Hrma. Weeks are doing well.
 Love you,
Mom
Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment