Monday, March 10, 2014

Chugging along!

Hey Momma!

I love you so incredibly much. Let me know how the memorial goes, please. I wish there was something more I could do, but I'm sending my love from way over here in Paraguay.

So remember that investigator I wrote about who is super pregnant? Well it turns out that she's already a member! She was talking with her mom who lives in Spain that she has been receiving the missionaries when her mom told her, "Oh how great! Do you still remember when you got baptized when you were a little girl?" Yup. We call the office and found her baptismal and confirmation records and everything. That definitely threw us a bit! After she has her baby we are going to focus on her getting to go to the temple.

Other than that, it was a bit of a rough week. It rained a lot one or two days, so not a lot of people let us in. I think Paraguayans are very much like cats, and are really afraid of the water. Also, I should really get a pair of boots.... Wet feet do not make proselyting quite as much fun.

On a positive note, Elías' cousin, Juan Jonas, got baptized this weekend by the elders, and Elías received the Aaronic priesthood! It's so neat to get to see his testimony grow a little stronger every time we meet with him and every time he comes to church. He even told us that he wants to work towards being able to go on a mission, as is going to start going out on visits with the elders this week!

Tomorrow we find out our transfers, and Hermana Weeks and I are pretty convinced that I'm going to have a daughter, aka, training a greenie. Either that, our Hermana Weeks will be staying here for one more transfer. I will be SHOCKED if it's not one of the two. I kind of really hope that we stay together, because my companion is super awesome and I am learning so much from her. We seriously have a BLAST every day, and we have been caught having laughing fits in the streets on several occasions. I'm a little afraid of what she's going to tell her future companions, or even her future kids, about me. She's got way to much dirt on me from our ridiculous proselyting experiences, like when she caught me talking to myself, or last night when I tried to make tortillas and the end result looked like a mashed brain, or when we were out in the middle of nowhere and I had to use a bathroom that was basically a hole in the ground and didn't have a door. I've got some pretty good stories on her too, though, so I think we're almost even.

I love you, Momma. I hope the last paragraph made you laugh a little and could cheer you up! I'm still praying for you every night. Please keep me and my comp in your prayers, specifically that we can find more people who are ready to hear the message of the restored gospel. Let me know if there is anything more that I can do for you guys, too!

Your daughter that's following the example of her wonderful mother and chugging along,
Hermana Jeppesen

Paraguay!

Elias' Baptism

Girl Power at zone training.

Tucan owned by the Brazilian family we eat with every Sunday

Super classic mission pic with BoM

No comments:

Post a Comment