Monday, December 2, 2013

Fun in the.....Rain?!

Julia's e-mail came late today. I was hoping that all is well and then Dean reminded me that they are in Paraguay.  I am glad that the Spirit calms my heart so I don't go to ballistic.


Hola, Mamá!

I love you, Mom, and I miss you too.


So this is what happened this week:

On Tuesday our zone traveled to Asunción for a special zone conference with Presidente Agazzani and a member of the 70 whose name I can't remember. He's from Argentina, and since the accent is so different I had a hard time understanding. I got a lot from when Pres. Agazzani spoke, though. I learned in a completely new way how the Atonement applies to me in my mission, and that just as it was painful and extremely difficult for Christ to accomplish this act, so will my mission be difficult and painful at times. The blessings, however, are innumerable.

Wednesday was awesome as far as the work. TRABAJAMOS A FUL.

 For Thanksgiving I made mashed potatoes from scratch and ate some beef jerkey that you sent me in my last package. I gave some to Hna Gonzalez, Blanca (our landlady), and Liz (Blanca's granddaughter) and they said it was really yummy but super spicy. As for the day itself, it started out great, but after only an hour or two of trying to visit investigators we had to turn back home because of a super fun storm. I'm sure it would be a different story if we had a car or all of the streets were paved, but since we are 100% on foot and the streets had completely turned to mud, there wasn't really much we could do.

The next day started out the same with the ominous signs of a storm, so we decided to run out and make at least one visit to the girls we were wanting to baptize this week to see if their parents had finally given them permission. Halfway to their casa the full storm hit, so we trudged through it the best we could. The good news is that neither of us got hit by lightning! But we did get soaked through. Unfortunately, when we reached their home we found out that the father doesn't want Luzana and Monica to get baptized until he gets to know the church better. We are sincerely praying that he and their mom will be able to come to church soon and see how awesome it is.

It's really funny that you mentioned that you got sick and threw up Friday night, because so did I! I think it was a combination of the weather, an empanada that I shouldn't have eaten, and the fact that I ate WAY too much that day. Whatever it was, I ended up staying in the casa with a sick stomach all day Saturday. Luckily, Blanca, Liz, and Eli (Blanca's daughter) were super awesome nurses and took care of me all day.

On Sunday we went to church, had a long lunch with Hermana Lugo, and went back to the casa to do our daily studies. Once again, the storms came back and we found that we had no power or water in our casa when we got home. As it got later in the evening, we found out from a call from our zone leader that our entire area (we share our area with the ZL's) was blacked out! We couldn't do anything! Liz ended up coming in and spending time with us for the rest of the evening. The power didn't come back on until the middle of the night, and we didn't get water until about 10 am this morning.

So, yup. It's been an interesting week! Hopefully next week won't be quite so hectic.

I love you I love you I love you. Please keep sending me pictures! I absolutely love them! And please tell Hayden and Mia to email me this week!!! I really want to hear from them.

Please keep my companion and me in your prayers.

With LOVE,
Hermana Jeppesen

No comments:

Post a Comment