Monday, December 9, 2013

She got it!!!!

We were a little worried that we wouldn't get an email because it was so late in the day.  She is 4 hours ahead of us and we usually receive her letters around 730am our time.  Today we got it around 200pm which is 6pm.  So glad it came and glad that she is safe and sound.


Aaaahahh, Christmaaaasss!!!!! Totally not at all trunky for Christmas right now....


Oh, and by the way... I GOT MY FIRST PACKAGE!! YAAAY IT DIDN'T GET LOST AFTER ALL! You have no idea just how happy that package has made me this week. Hna Gonzalez and I have been chowing down on the candy. She had never eaten candy corn before and just about ate 3/4's of the bag, she liked it so much. Also, the shirts are a HUGE relief and a lot more comfortable in the heat than the shirts that I had originally brought. I absolutely love them, so THANK YOU.

This week, I'll be completely honest, was a little rough. Hermana Gonzalez was sick two days in a row, so we couldn't leave our apartment on Thursday or Friday. On top of that, we had interviews on Tuesday with President Agazzani, which left us with very little time to make visits that day. Also, this weekend was a big annual celebration of the national virgin, Ca'acupe, and a lot of our investigators were out of town to attend the festival... Honestly, I don't really know a lot of details about the holiday, so you'll have to Google a bit more about that...

The good news is that the other elders in our ward had a miraculous baptism! The story follows thus:

Marco, 15 years old, stole some money from his aunt and uncle who he was living with, but when he realized that it was wrong and tried to repent by confessing and returning the money, they kicked him out of the house. That day, he contacted my companion and the sister trainer (on the day that we were doing splits) in the street and asked if he could go with them to the church. The Bishop took him in, and he's been taking the lessons from the Elders. During this time, he became friends with Mario, another teenager who lives with Bishop Hugo who has been taking the lessons and coming to church for a year and a half but never had the desire to get baptized. Sharing his new found testimony and his incredibly strong spirit, Marco convinced Mario to get baptised with him! What a miracle! Unfortunately, when the Elders went to get permission from Marco's aunt and uncle, they vehemently said no. Marco, however, has recieved a strong witness of the truth of the Gospel. Yesterday he told me his plans to hold out and stay strong until he's 18, get baptised, and serve his "2nd mission," the first one being the conversion of his friend Mario. The Lord really does prepare people and puts them in the right place at the right time to hear the message of the Gospel. I have full faith that in the Lord's own time, everything will work out for the good of this amazing kid.

Funny story! Halfway through writing the previous paragraph the power went out in the cyber that we were using, so I had to wait until we got home to borrow the computer of the lady that we live with! Hence my email being later than normal.

On another note, my training is almost over, and we have transfers in one week and two days. It's pretty much garaunteed that I'll be getting a new companion and my "mom" will be leaving me! Please keep on praying for us!

I love you guys, and I hope your holiday season is going fantastically. Yes, I do get to Skype you guys on Christmas Day, and I'll send you more details when I find out all of the rules and regulations and whatnot. Can't wait to see you guys!

With LOTS of love,
Hermana Jeppesen



Hmmm... where did these AWESOME glow in the dark glasses come from?

Our 6-year-old neighbor, Liz, loves to come over and visit us every single day.




No comments:

Post a Comment