Monday, December 16, 2013

Birthday Week!

It was Ashton's birthday this week.  We shared with her pictures and she had a similar experience out in the field.  Such fun!

Would you make fun of me a lot if I started using the word "fetching?" I'm realizing that it's kind of unavoidable as an LDS missionary....

This week was pretty chill. Probably the highlight was with la familia Gomez. Remember Luzana and Monica? No, we still don't have permission for them to get baptized, but we had a really good time with them this week. Saturday was their mom's birthday, and Luzana asked us if we could come to their casa while she was at work and help them bake a cake for her. We made our way over, and as we walked in we realized just what a big deal this birthday was for these girls. They had completely cleaned and organized the small room where all of them sleep and straightened up the outside area where they spend most of the day. They bought a bunch of little balloons which we spent the next half hour or so blowing up, and even made a sign that read "feliz cumpleaños, mama!" As Hna Gonzalez helped them with the cake, they literally ran back and forth from the dispensa to buy ingredients, yelling and laughing and smiling as they went. Honestly, the love that was radiating from these chicas for their mom was almost tangible. Unfortunately we had to leave before Dominga, their mom, got back from work and I didn't have my camera to take pictures, but I really hope that she enjoyed the surprise.

On a spiritual note, if you have time, please read Joshua 1. I was having a rough day when I turned to this scripture and it really helped me a lot this week. God has promised us inheritances of our own, and if we push forward with strength and courage, we will obtain those blessings waiting for us. Honestly, I really enjoyed this chapter.

We found out transfers tomorrow morning. It's pretty much guaranteed that Hna Gonzalez will be leaving me. I'm really sad to me leaving my "mom," but at the same time I'm excited for the adventure ahead now that my training is OFFICIALLY OVER. Please shoot some extra prayers my way, because I'm just a tiny bit nervous for that... But IT'S GONNA BE AWESOME. Right? RIGHT. Also, I have not personally received the package, but if it's been signed for I'll probably get it tomorrow morning.

 Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers. It is ridiculously appreciated.

With lots of love,
Hermana Jeppesen

No comments:

Post a Comment