Monday, November 11, 2013

It's getting hotter!

As for the weather.... oh boy. Not one person was joking when they told me, "Get ready to sweat!"  Hope you enjoy your nice cool weather in AZ, because it's a whole different story over here!

I still haven't received the package, but I have been getting letters, and even got one from the Beehives of Elmwood Ward! It was so sweet! To be honest, I stopped and said a prayer this morning that your package would somehow make it to me in one piece. I know shipping is expensive, but hopefully it will get to me soon!

In other news, I'VE SURVIVED MY FIRST TRANSFER! YAY! I'm still in the same place with the same companion, but it's just wierd how the time is painfully slow and insanely fast at the same time. BTW, if you look on the LDS website and search for the Ytororo ward in the Ñemby stake, that's the area I'm serving in. We're maybe an hour or so south of Asunción.

The day before transfers was P-day, and my very first district activity! We all got together (3 sets of Elders and my companion and I) in one of the church buildings and made tacos... Mexican food cooked by a Panamanian with Paraguayan ingrediants... but they were super yummy! Then we went out and played a game of fútbol. This time I actually tried playing and had a super fun time, plus I only fell down once! Woohoo! I feel very blessed to have a district that doesn't make fun of me for being terrible at sports.

Tuesday night we got together for our English class in the chapel, but since no one showed up (which, honestly, is normal) we all hung out for a while. Elder Segovia, who is home now, happened to show a REALLY bad cluster of bug bites to Catalino and Ulises, two members who help us out a TON in our ward and come to everything. As it turns out, these "bug bites" were actually just one bug bite, and it was the venom that was spreading in that area of his skin. So what did they do? Ran to the dispensa (kind of like a convenience store) to by some supplies, then spent the next hour or so dripping hot wax onto his skin, scraping it off, poking the infected area with a needle and "drawing out the poison," then rubbing crushed garlic over everything. I REALLY hope I never ever get bitten by whatever this bug is.... I think I'm going to email him and ask how his foot is....

WE HAD ANOTHER BAPTISM THIS WEEKEND!!! Have I told you about Manuel? He's actually the boyfriend of Laura, the girl who was just baptized a couple weeks ago. We have to wait until next weekend for the confirmation since this weekend was Stake Conference, though. Manuel is a super fantastic guy, and is studying to be in the police force right now. The best part about him is that his testimony and desire to learn about the Gospel all stems from his desire for a strong, happy family. He has such a great love already for his future children, and he doesn't even have this family yet! He also has an incredible love for all of the people around him now, and always has a sweet smile on his face. I feel so blessed to be able to help him have the knowledge of eternal families and grow his relationship with Heavenly Father. Wow, I am so happy for him.

OH MY GOODNESS I JUST REMEMBERED GUESS WHAT?! Elder Christofferson is coming to the mission tomorrow!!! My companion and I are going to leave our casa super early in the morning to take a bus to Asunción to hear the words of an apostle of God. I absolutely cannot wait, and I'll make sure to tell you all about it!

I love you guys so much, and of course I'm praying for you every single day. Please keep praying for me and for Hermana Gonzalez! I'll make sure to send my list of things I want in my next email, as well as any service ideas I think of this week.

Love from your missionary,
Hermana Jeppesen

No comments:

Post a Comment