Monday, November 18, 2013

Christmas List!

I found a company called Global Mission Shipping that will send packages over seas especially to South America.  They send in bulk and it helps with customs, etc... If you want to send anything, give me a call or message me(Jodie Jeppesen, mom) and we can work something out.  Thanks again for all the prayers and notes on her behalf.  

THAT AWESOME that you found a company that sends packages! I still haven't received the other one yet. I'm praying that it will eventually get to me. As for requests:

NEED:
A watch (preferably water-proof and small. I lost mine in the MTC.... oops...)
Shoe liners, aka those tiny little socks at Target or Payless. Any color is fine. These pretty much don't exist here
My backpack. I don't want to buy one here because they tend to wear out super fast and fall apart.
WANT:
Cinnamon Altoids. A WHOLE BUNCH. It's so fun to give one or two out to Paraguayans because they aren't used to something so strong, and they love it!
Bratzlis! Is that how you spell it? This is a far off wish. The chances of you guys actually making them anytime soon and then finding a way to send them to me are beyond super slim. Maybe you could send me the recipe and I can find a way to make my own?
Chocolate
Lots of love.
I made a list but I left it at home, and these are all the things I can remember. Just send me whatever and I will be the happiest missionary in Paraguay!

In this letter (at Dani's request), I want to tell you all about my amazing companion, Hermana Gonzalez! She is from Panama, is 20 years old, and the oldest of 3 siblings, one of which is also serving a mission in Columbia. Before the mission, she studied international business and almost has a degree. She is making plans to attend BYU after the mission to finish up, and is learning English while I learn Spanish. She's actually getting pretty good!

As for personality, we are pretty much at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. In school, Hna Gonzalez was a super popular cheerleader, played sports (mainly volleyball), wore only designer brands, had her own car, etc. She is incredibly extroverted and is fantastic at talking with people and making them feel comfortable. Most of all, if something is the matter, she is not at all afraid of telling it to you straight. She really tries to do things in the best way that she knows how to, and always for other people. For example, these last few weeks she's been baking cakes NON-STOP for investigators, members, our district, EVERYONE. She says that she's done baking for a little while, but I honestly doubt it. We'll probably have 3 more cakes in our fridge by the end of the day.

Sometimes we get frustrated with each other, especially in the beginning, because of our very different personalities and ways of doing things. The best part about this, however, is that we've figured out how to work together and understand each other, and I can honestly say that she has become an amazing friend of mine. I really have learned so much from her, and I'm learning more and more from her every day. I'm so insanely happy to be companions with Hermana Gonzalez!

So now you know about my companion! As for mosquitoes, YES, I am using repellant. There's this thing called Dengue... and I really don't want to catch it. OH! On that note, could you also send me more super duper strong mosquito repellant?

Anywho, I love you guys and can't wait to hear from you next week!

LOVE,
Hermana Jeppesen

No comments:

Post a Comment