Monday, October 21, 2013

So I asked her this week a little more about her adventures last week and more what the weather was like where she is at.  It sounds like an adventure of a lifetime. 

I found out that it was horse halfway through. It was still on the bone (which we threw to the dog) in a stew, and I just thought it was a tough beef at first. The liver was worse. We've had some really delicious foods too! Sopa is kind of like a really savory corn bread with onions, cheese, egg, etc. in it. Mandioca is kind of like this weird potato-like root vegetable that the people here eat with EVERYTHING. It's... ok. Not my favorite, but I'll eat it. Yesterday we sat for a while with Hna Lugo, a member in the ward who is inactive, and she made us tortillas that were so yummy, and a desert that is similar to flan but WAY better.

As for the weather, their summer is just now starting. Just as expected, it is incredibly humid, and I have a feeling the next few months are going to be very interesting. No one here has air conditioning, just fans. All the people sit out in front of their houses drinking... I forget what it's called. The same exact thing as mate, just with cold ice water instead of hot. We as missionaries are not allowed to drink it, though. :(  It does rain pretty often (at least more often than Arizona) and my shoes are completely caked in mud. Only the two main roads here are paved, and the rest are dirt. Our street is dirt and rocks. I have stumbled quite a bit, and Hna. Gonzalez told me the other night that out of all of her companions I'm the one who trips the most!

How are things at home? Is the weather finally cooling down? Are you doing more outside? Is there anything else you want to know about Paraguay? I'm trying to get my camera to load pictures on here.

I love you, Mom. Please tell everyone how much I love them, too. I think about you guys the most whenever we teach someone the Plan of Salvation.

With love from your missionary,
Hna Jeppesen

No comments:

Post a Comment