Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Birthday Week

This week is called birthday week at our house.  Three birthdays; mine, Noelle's, and Deans, in that order.  It can be crazy but lots of fun and lots of cake.  Julia wrote to wish us a happy birthday and report on how things are going. 

MOM, FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS!!! Te amo muchísimo! Weren't you sick last year, too? You just have terrible luck with that, don't you? But seriously, Mom, I love you so much. You have been such a wonderful example to me and I really have learned an incredible ton from you. Thank you for your constant love and support. I wish I could give you some sort of gift or take you out to lunch, but alas....

I'm keeping this short because I want to email Dad and Noelle really quick as well.

WE HAD A BAPTISM THIS WEEK! Yaaaayy!! Anicris, the most adorable, sweet, loving 9-year-old ever, was baptised on Saturday and confirmed as a member and received the Holy Ghost yesterday. Her mom is working really hard to be worthy to get baptized in 2 weeks, including kicking out her abusive, cheating boyfriend and giving up smoking and drinking, but she has SUCH a strong desire to follow these commandments and has already made HUGE progress. Honestly, this week I really got to see how the spirit works in people's hearts and changes lives. Beatriz is so proud of her daughter, and tears were rolling down her face as she watched her daughter receive that beautiful gift of the Spirit.

I'm so sorry this is so short, Mom. I'm incredibly glad you had a great birthday, and I'm sending you lots of love from Paraguay!!

Con amor,
Hermana Jeppesen


 Anicris and Beatriz

No comments:

Post a Comment