Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Week 5! Almost Done!

 ¡Hola Familia!

I'm so glad Dani and the baby are doing well! People keep asking me how they are doing and I just have to tell them that I have no idea, but I'll find out. And yes, I can totally imagine Dani being a worry-wort new mama, and it makes me smile!

As for the package, at least I'll have some new shirts in Paraguay?

They posted our departure dates in the reception office yesterday. Everyone leaving for the Paraguay, Asunción mission fly out at 8:08 am this next Monday morning. I believe we'll be leaving el CCM around 2 am, but I'm not sure. As for the language, I know for a fact that I'm not going to understand anyone for a while unless I ask them to talk REALLY slow. In case you didn't know, that's kind of impossible in the Spanish language! Also, there is also the chance that I'll have a native companion, so we'll just have to see how it goes!

So this last week was so much better! Thank you so much for the prayers. I have without a doubt felt the extra strength and my Heavenly Father helping me. THANK YOU!

This weekend on the 15th, as it turns out, was Mexico's Independence Day. The night before, we had Noche de Méxicano, with dancers and music, a civic ceremony that involved marching the flag around the auditorium and singing Mexico's national anthem, the whole shebang. I'll make sure to send you pictures and a video or two! It was a fiesta!

The next night we all met back at the auditorium at 10:30 (which is SUPER LATE for us missionaries) to participate in what is called the Grito. In short, at 11 pm the president of Mexico comes out on a balcony and rings a bell before reciting the words of rebellion spoken way back in 1810. As he lists off each name of the heroes of the rebellion, everyone across the entire country yells, "¡Viva!"  The president yells, "¡Viva México!" three times, with the people yelling back, "¡VIVA!" each time. It was so neat to be a part of this national cry of patriotism! These people are so PROUD of who they are as Mexicans, and I greatly admire it. Why doesn't the US do anything like that?! Now I'm even more curious to find out the traditions and holidays of Paraguay.

Other than that, most everything else has been the same here. I'm absolutely loving learning the language and more about the Gospel. I still struggle and have hard days here and there, but such is life and I doubt that will ever stop. I am very nervous and VERY excited to leave for Paraguay in less than 6 days. Please keep praying for me! I have a feeling I'll really need it!

I love you guys with all my heart, and I'm always thinking of you in the back of my mind. (Don't worry, Mom, I promise I'm not getting distracted!) Give each other a GIANT hug from me!

Lots and lots and lots of love,
Hermana Jeppesen

All the missionaries singing Called to Serve in Spanish.
Classic Elder Behning

The Élderes from México were VERY excited for the cultural night... to say the very least.

Hermana McIntyre, Elder Behing, and myself at Noche de Mexicano the day before Elder Behning left for Texas.

CUTEST little boy ever!... Besides Johnathan, of course...

Beautiful Dancers!

It was QUITE the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment