Monday, July 14, 2014

A week of graditude!

My daughter Celeste and I were in a pretty bad car accident and we wrote to Hermana Julia about this.  I have a firm testimony in the blessings of missionaries and their work and the blessings that it brings to the family.  I also have a strong testimony in the power of the Priesthood and the wonderful blessings that can be given to me and my family during times of trouble.

Mom, I hope you know that I love you so much. I will be completely honest, this email kind of scared the crap out of me, just a little bit. But you know what? At the same time, I've never felt so blessed. Every single night, with out fail, I pray that Heavenly Father will protect you guys and keep you safe. Sometimes it can be a little difficult to be so far away from you guys and not know what's going on or if you guys are doing alright or not. But, Mom, I am so so glad to know that you guys are ok. Heavenly Father protected you both, and neither of you were hurt more than what you were, miraculously preventing broken bones or brain damage. He put 2 people close by to help you both until the ambulance came. He provided worthy priesthood holders to come and give you both blessings to help you deal with the aftermath. And if it's any consolation to you, he provided me a companion to give me a hug when I'm sobbing in front of the computer. 

I am so incredibly grateful to my Heavenly Father. I know that you guys are in his hands. I know that he is helping everyone cope, as well. On that note, how is the rest of the family? As freaked out as I am? Please let them know that I love them, too! And give everybody big hugs from me. 

Also, I could care less about the truck.

My week seems really uneventful, now! We did divisions with the sister trainer leaders on Thursday. I got to work with Hna Cevallos from Ecuador. She's kind of super hilarious, and we had a great time. As for me and my comp, this week was a little rough. I tend to talk a lot, and she tends to want me to NOT talk a lot... We are working on a balance. This morning we studied Ch. 6 of PMG, the sections on patience and humility. I'm learning to shut my mouth a little bit more and remember that my companion doesn't hate me, she just wants her space. 

I gave a talk in church yesterday on the importance of the help of the members in missionary work, and read a lot of what I shared with you guys in my last email. I think it went well, but I think some members got offended.... we'll see how that goes. 

Transfers are this week. It is most likely that both Hna Aguilar and I are going to stay in this area for another round.

Not a lot of details, I know, but this is the basic overview of what's going on over here. I love you all so much, and I'm praying for you guys even more now. Please stay safe. Please wear your seatbelts. I want my family in one piece when I get home, thank you very much! And I promise not to worry about you guys too much. 

Your very grateful daughter,
Hermana Jeppesen

No comments:

Post a Comment